Before you start it makes sense to get your bearings. Companies like people who know what they want. Here are a few tips:
- Where are you now: what are your strengths and where can you use them to best effect?
- What vacancy suits you and in which company can you find such a vacancy?
- Ask friends and acquaintances where they work, what they do and whether they enjoy it.
- Search through vacancy databases and newspapers. Look at the kind of knowledge and experience that is required for different kinds of jobs.
- Attend career days and fairs. They provide a good opportunity to make comparisons, and you can have a first interview at them right away.